Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Post Card from My Donor

Here ya go Marla and anyone else whom might be interested. I wish my scanner worked so I could just scan this card, oh well I need to cleanse my soul with another cry.

The front of the card says "Every sunrise is proof that God is still in the miracle business." The pic is an unfocused sun coming up over a wheat field, with only 2 heads of wheat in focus. The card reads as follows:
Hi-
Thank you for your letter. You can't know how much it means to me and Jim's family. His name was Jim. He was married and had 5 children, 10 grandchildren and last August , we had a great- grandson added to the family.
He was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He never knew a stranger. My sister used to say Jim was only guy that could walk into a room knowing nobody and leave having four or five best friends.At his funeral, so many people spoke of how he always helped them with a joke and a smile, that was his way.
he also loved animals. Any animal. We have 6 cats at home in the house. We also have 3 feral cats outside that call our yard their home. At our shop, we have 2 inside cats and 3 outside. So you see we really like the idea that you have cats also.
I like the idea that you are trying to quit smoking. As a birthday present to me in 1991, Jim quit smoking after 45 yrs. I do believe that it added years to his life. I hope it does the same for you.
Thanks again for your letter. Jim always said that when he was done, they could have any part of him that would help others. Treasure his liver and know that we are glad a physical part of him still lives. Were still pretty lost! We miss him! Kiss your people and cherish each day!
Jim's Family

No comments: