Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bad Tuesday

Well Donna got the rest of the pics posted and emailed. I went back to Dallas for lab, clinic & chemo and I went by myself, that sounds like a receipt for trouble don't it. Donna was working and I flew down Monday evening and stayed with Dick Grantham no problem. I did the lab then went to breakfast with Mike & Patti then to support group. I only saw a few people in the group but everyone was doing good, the pastor informed us he was leaving Baylor and going to Duke University Medical Center as a pastor supervisor. Duke is in South Carolina but he said the college was a plus with his children and there was probably more money involved, Oh well we all thanked him for his prayers & support and his 10 years at Baylor, I'm sure he will be missed. Dr. Sanchez was in clinic and he informed me I was anemic & dehydrated, and he wanted me to go get a blood transfusion (2 units). I had Donna on speaker phone on my cell so she wouldn't miss my report, I am obviously not inquisitive enough to ask enough questions. I had to check into the hospital and it took a while then I was sent the 6 Roberts ( oncology) which really didn't mean anything to me and by the time I got paperwork done ( Donna not being there I had to fill out paper work all by myself,and I got it done before the nurse got her work done) and the nurse got some blood it was 4:00 pm and it took 3 hrs to infuse it, then the next one came at shift change time, more delays. The 2nd unit got started at 8:00 and took 3 hrs. They decided it would be cruel to kick me out at shush an hour so they admitted me. The next morning (today) I started to panic when no one came to get blood and was told there was no orders to do so, I couldn't leave because there was no discharge orders, if I walk out the insurance company may or may not be liable for my stay, now it's about 8:00 and I'm getting mad and the staff seems to not be understanding me. I had verbal orders to be at lab by 7:00 and when he got results he would call me and tell me if I could come home or not. The Dr. didn't know I was in the hospital and he took his sweet time about returning the phone calls from the nurses that I was yelling at, I had gotten dressed and was walking out....... it finally got resolved they drew some blood and I apologized to everyone that I yelled at and maybe left in good standings. The transfusion did exactly what he wanted it to do and he called me and said go home. Here is the really cool thing that happened in clinic, one of the nurses came into the exam room with my copies of the lab work then another one came in and said here is something special and handed me an envelope with a sheet of paper folded over it. The paper was type written letter saying here is a card from the Donner family, I got a chill up my spine and said something to Donna on the cell about it then the coordinator came in and we dropped that to see what my blood work looked like. I decided to wait till I got home to open the card so Donna could be there and we could share, aw how sweet, ya ya I know. She called me about 8:00 ish or so and said "What did that card say"? she talked me into reading it over the phone and we both cried, I am undecided as to whether or not I will post it here. The family only told me his first name and a little about him. Let me think about it before I decide, it might be more personal than my prostate exam. LOL
Love always Mike & Donna

No comments: