Thursday, May 31, 2007

The new chapter

Well if this is a new chapter in my life it sure is starting out boring. The local hospital is small and they had to send some of the blood work off to another lab as they don't have the equipment to do it with, also some of their equipment was down so it took until Wednesday to get their part done. My numbers looked good and Baylor had no changes to make. I wondered how it was on Tuesday morning @the Baylor lab, missed it too. Mike Cooper called this afternoon, I was out in the yard working, Donna talked to him and he said he didn't know anyone @ lab or clinic and most of the people were unfriendly. There was just something about the group (extended family) that clicked, the clinic was always abuzz with talk and when the nurse called a name most often she had to call it twice or someone who wasn't talking at the time would give you a nod or a nudge and say your up. I guess that happens now & then but not always. That is the reason Mike called today, he missed the family too. I think Donna is going to email everyone and say hi and see how everyone is doing. I'll post if I hear something worth posting. Tomorrow (Friday) is my birthday and my first day back to work. Wish me luck. Thanks again for the support and prayers.
Love always Mikey & Donna

2 comments:

Blonde Momma said...

I randomly found your blog...and was shocked to see that I recognized you and people in your "extended family". We live in Dallas and my husband is on the list for a liver transplant. This will be his second-his first one was 9 years ago. We have been to clinic a few times since Jan. so that it where I have seen all of you. SO glad to see that you are doing well. I look forward to following your story and hope that you continue to be healthy.

Unknown said...

So good......