Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Last Week in Dallas

Well the Dr. told us yesterday that we can go to once a week next week so after chemo on Tuesday we are headed home. The clinic was routine with no changes and probably won't have any for a while, my glophil ( a test of the kidneys to show true function ) won't be until May 1 and then there may be some change in meds. The chemo was quick and easy as usual then came the urologist, he did a UA and found nothing then did a sonogram to see if I emptied my bladder and I had so he then did a prostate exam, I guess it was inevitable that I have one but that doesn't mean I was ready for it. I can't believe that in this day and age with all the technology that man can't find a better way to check a prostate than to have stick his finger........ Oh well it's done and I shouldn't dwell on it. Our friend Norman Olson, the older man that is such a character is back in the hospital with pneumonia, we went to see him and he was doing better but not for sure when he will get out, will have say a prayer for him. Then there is Mike Malouff, his rejection is better but he is still in the hospital taking steroids and being observed. Donna & I had lunch with him & Shellie his sister and he is really ready to get out of the hospital and get on with his recovery, I can understand the impatience, but we can only go so fast and we all have to find our own pace and take it a day at a time. We found out that another member of our evaluation group named Mike Gunter had his transplant last week and we saw him & his wife yesterday, that makes 4 of us from the same group and he said there were 2 more still in the hospital, that just blows my mind. i have asked other patients how many of their group were there and nobody else has anyone or can even remember who was in their group. Well I guess that's all for now, thanks again to everyone for the prayers & thoughts, I guess I'll probably wear out both knee caps just paying ya'll back in prayer LOL.
Love always Mike & Donna

No comments: