Wednesday, April 11, 2007

6 1/2 Weeks, Still going

The lab was full yesterday morning which is good, slow but good. We saw everybody which means nobody was in the hospital. I was so glad to not have to go back to "Roberts 14" to visit a friend whom had had a relapse or some other problem. My test results on my thyroid were normal and the urine test was negative so the Dr. decided that the Rapamune (rejection med)could cause the shortness of breath so he cut the dose in half, it's only 2 mg once daily but if that's the problem then we'll see if 1 mg will do the job and give me back my air. He also requested a chest ex-ray and is showed nothing. He thinks the up all nite peeing thing is my prostate, oh great that's just what I wanted to hear, oh well if a urologist can fix it and I can sleep all nite it will be worth it. Like I said all our "family" were out of the hospital and most were doing good, Mike Malouff was a little leary about saying he was doing good and he had to go do a biopsy after clinic because his numbers were out of whack, haven't heard from him yet on that issue. There is an older guy Norman Olson whom is quite the character, all the nurses know who he is and most of the patients, anyway he is having some breathing issues also. We say him early just after lab and he was winded and couldn't talk but later when we say him he was cutting up and being Norman. Mike Cooper was doing pretty good, hasn't put on any weight yet but he is eating. Brother Bill is having eating issues, can't get his apatite back and that is hard on you believe me, He's a surviver though and with all the prayers and support he'll make it. Well that's about it again thanks for your prayers & support, we hope to be coming home in about 2 maybe 3 weeks. Love to all Mike & Donna.

No comments: