Saturday, February 24, 2007

Finally

Well to say this has been a long day is no where near true. Mike is doing wonderful they took him to surgery about 4 this afternoon and he was through about 8 or so. The Dr said he did great and the liver was working very well. They has already taken him off the Vent and his first set of labs are already normal, which they don't normally see like that. The ICU nurse told Rick and I he was the easiest Liver patient she had ever had. He should be back in a normal room tomorrow if all goes well. He got the liver of a 72 year old man from Houston but that is all I know. The Dr said the liver was Primo, just one of those that you have to use for transplant no matter what the mans age was. We have already rented a apartment close to here that is used for medical patients families and they are small but will be just fine for us. I will post tomorrow when I get a chance to let everyone know what is going on. I haven't been to bed yet since we got the call last night and it is after midnight again so I think I will try to sleep some. ...... Later, Donna

No comments: